Hillel was founded in 1948. The school started in 1948 with a handful of students in the basement of Beth Jacob Congregation and currently serves approximately 600 students from Early Childhood through eighth grade.
The establishment of the Hillel vision became possible through the vision of its founder, Rabbi Dr. Simon A. Dolgin, zt"l. Under the leadership of the Dean Emeritus, Rabbi Menachem A. Gottesman, a school was built that became the beacon of light in our community. We have been blessed with strong leaders and visionaries who pioneered on the cutting edge of innovation. In 2003 Rabbi Y. Boruch Sufrin assumed the mantle of leadership as Head of School. Hillel continues to pursue its vision of academic excellence for all its students as it faces the educational needs and challenges of the 21st century.